Sending a message is a great way to get to know someone on Zoosk. To make a great first impression, take some time to craft your hello.
When sending a first message to someone, consider these tips:
- Read his or her profile first
Before you message someone check out his or her profile to learn some interesting things you can use to start a conversation. Ask people about their interests and hobbies, where they went to college, or about something in their story. It shows you’re already interested and that you want to learn more.
- Tell someone why you’re interested
Is there something specific that drew you to this person? Let him or her know what it was! Was it a beautiful smile, a favorite book, or a funny description that interested you? Being genuine and open about what you’re into can help you get a good response.
- Always double-check for spelling errors
It’s a good idea to read your message before pressing send to make sure you didn’t accidentally include a typo. Common spelling and grammar mistakes like “teh” or “dont” can ruin a great first message and make someone think you’re not serious.
- Simple Tips for Starting a Conversation Online
- 97 Online Dating Questions to Get the Conversation Started
- Data Reveals the Biggest Online Dating First Message Mistakes
For answers to additional questions or assistance, contact Zoosk Customer Support.